What is this all about?

Well obviously this is about chicken, fried chicken. There are many forms of fried chicken. Our favorite is what we like to call naked fried chicken, chicken with very little breading and good crispy skin. Our favorite piece of chicken is the thigh, that's just us.

We would love to hear from you! Post a comment or send us a note and let us know your favorite.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Current Favorite - Quik Shoppe

Quik Shoppe Corner of Brookshire Blvd (Hwy 16) and Oakdale Rd
Yes it's a gas station. And yes it's number 1 on our list. For most of Suffletown and Oakdale this is old news. But I'll admit I was a nerd in high school so I missed out on the late night weekend food runs to the Quik Shoppe. So for a westsider I'm WAY late coming to this party. But after that first crispy thigh with a few tater wedges and that soft roll that soaked up just enough grease to make it really good, I was hooked. It's naked fried just like we like it and honestly as close to a perfect of a piece of chicken as I've had in a very very long time.
Noelle

No comments: